As we enter the summer months Food for People is particularly in need of additional volunteer help. Summer is the busiest time at the food bank as families and children who rely on free or reduced school meals must look for ways to make up meals in addition to added childcare costs. The summer harvest season is also kicking into high gear and our Gleaning Program is in need of volunteers to help harvest fresh local produce for food bank clients.
Volunteers are most needed for the following:
- Warehouse operations - Shifts are available M-F from 9-4:30pm
- Second Saturdays - We need your help preparing bags of food for seniors and homebound clients from 10-1pm the second Saturday of each month
- Gleaning - help us harvest produce at local farms, orchards, and gardens
- Children's Summer Lunch site coordination and help
- Delivery drivers for our Homebound & Senior Brown Bag Program
- Free Produce Markets - May-Oct
For more information on volunteering contact Volunteer & Direct Services Manager, Philip Anzada at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-445-3166 extension 310. We hope to see you!