Create a team and join the fight against hunger today!
The economic challenges caused by increasing costs of food, gas and housing are negatively impacting many friends and neighbors in our community. Here at Food for People, we have stepped up our work to make sure seniors, children, and families have a place to turn when ends don’t meet. YOU can help ensure no one in our community goes hungry, especially as we approach the holiday season.
The Hunger Fighter Challenge is a community food & fund drive supporting Food for People during the holidays.
Food for People is currently under construction on an upgraded food bank facility that will ensure our community has access to nutritious foods and services that address the root causes of hunger and poverty for decades into the future. Meanwhile, we continue to distribute food through the use of temporary leased spaces. Given our space challenges, we are once again encouraging our Hunger Fighter teams to go virtual and collect funds instead of food, to help us maximize our ability to meet the needs of our community as effectively as possible.
Virtual food drives are faster, easier, and go farther:
- Faster: With one simple click, Hunger Fighter Teams can collect donations online.
- Easier: While we continue to rebuild our 14th Street location, our storage space is at an all-time minimum; funds allow us to purchase wholesale pallets of the most needed foods and distribute them quickly.
- More effective: With our wholesale buying power, we can use each dollar your team collects to feed many more people. When your team collects funds, the impact is larger—and easier to transport!
- Fund donations help us purchase foods that our clients want and need for a well-rounded diet, including fresh items that we can purchase in large quantities.
Ways to collect funds:
Hunger Fighter Teams can collect donations online! Customize your own team page at: http://weblink.donorperfect.com/FoodForPeople/HungerFighterChallenge2022
Click "Create my own fundraising page" to make your own virtual food drive.
Set a goal, and write a little about your team and your food drive strategies.
Share your link with friends, family, and more!
- Put a coin bank or collection box out at your place of business!
- Let us know how many coin banks you would like.
- Collected donations can be mailed to: Food for People, PO Box 4922 Eureka, CA 95502. Please include the Hunger Fighter team name with all checks and collections.
We realize not everyone wants to make a financial donation. Prefer to donate Food?
Let us know what we can do to help!
- Call Allison at (707) 445-3166 ext. 312 or email email@example.com if you need to borrow a donation barrel.
- Please plan to drop your donations off to us at the end of your food drive, or as needed.
- Donations can be dropped off Monday through Friday from 9am-4pm at our warehouse located at 716 W. Cedar St, Eureka.
- Food donations will be weighed and counted toward one community-wide Hunger Fighter goal.
- If you'd like to track the weight of food collected solely by your team, please find a staff member to assist and write you a receipt.
- We have limited capacity to pick up food donations. We will try to accommodate special circumstances.
Thanks for joining us in the Hunger Fighter Challenge!
Help fight hunger for the holidays!
Food for People, the food bank for Humboldt County, serves more than 16,000 people countywide each month-12% of our county's population.
Did you know? ...
- 9 out of 10 individuals served by Food for People are housed and have income, but struggle to survive due to low wages, underemployment, and the high cost of living.
- 1/4 of people served are seniors.
- 1/4 of people served are children.
Food for People continues to provide food to our community through ongoing crises from pandemic, to wildfires, to winter storms.