Our monthly schedule of food distributions near you
Click on the button below to visit our online calendar. There are multiple ways to navigate our online calendar:
- See the next couple days: Scroll through the calendar pages to see the next couple of days of distributions in different regions of Humboldt County, or
- Search by region: Select from five different regions of Humboldt County by selecting a region in the box at the top and clicking the "Submit" button. Choose from Eastern Humboldt, Eel River Valley, Humboldt Bay Area, Northern Humboldt, or Southern Humboldt to see a longer list of just the distributions closest to you, or
- Search upcoming distributions at a specific site: From either of these views mentioned above, click on a site (the actual location), and it will give you a list of the upcoming dates that distributions will occur at that particular site.
Are you looking for help getting food?
Below you will find basic information about a variety of our food assistance programs. If you'd like additional information on our many programs, explore our list of Programs at the bottom of our About Us page.
Emergency Food Pantries
Emergency Food pantries provide supplemental groceries to households monthly. We currently have pantries in Arcata, Blue Lake, Bridgeville, Blocksburg, Dinsmore, Eureka, Ferndale, Fortuna, Garberville, Loleta, McKinleyville, Orick, Scotia, Trinidad, and Willow Creek. Visit our Pantry Network webpage for exact dates and times of distribution. Our Pantry Network Coordinator can be reached directly at @email.
If you'd like additional information about the Eureka Choice Pantry specifically, visit the Choice Pantry webpage.
Mobile Produce Pantry
Our Mobile Produce Pantry is a refrigerated truck that travels to many Humboldt County communities and sets up a free fruit/vegetable farm stand on a monthly schedule. It travels alongside the Humboldt County DHHS mobile outreach vehicle, which offers an array of additional County services. The Mobile Produce Pantry distributes fresh produce in Fortuna, Trinidad, Redway, Rio Dell, Orleans, Weitchpec, Willow Creek, Orick, Hoopa, and Blue Lake. For a list of dates and times of monthly distribution, please visit the Mobile Produce Pantry webpage.
Free Produce Markets
We host free produce markets monthly at 4 locations in the county, June through October: Eureka, Fortuna, Garberville, and Redway. If you'd like additional information about the program, please visit our Free Produce Markets webpage.
Seniors Only Programs (Age 60+)
Interested in one of our seniors-only (age 60+) distribution days in your community? Click here to learn more or apply for one of our two senior programs, the CSFP Senior Box program webpage and the Senior Brown Bag program page. Or email @email or call (707) 445-3166 extension 309.
Homebound (with medical referral)
We deliver food to a limited number of homebound individuals who are under age 60 and have a medical referral. Click here to visit the Homebound Delivery Program webpage for more information, or email @email, or call (707) 445-3166 extension 309. If you are age 60 or older, please apply for the Senior Brown Bag Program instead, which also has a limited number of openings for home delivery. All deliveries are made by volunteer drivers.
If you qualify for CalFresh, you can receive an EBT debit card that is automatically reloaded monthly with food money to spend at local stores and farmers' markets. Our Outreach staff can help you apply for the program.
You may qualify for CalFresh if you can answer “yes” to these questions:
- Are you or at least one of your children a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident?
- Is your household’s GROSS monthly income (before taxes and deductions) within the limits in the chart on our CalFresh Outreach webpage? (If a household member is 60 or older or permanently disabled, then the income can be higher.)
How much could I possibly receive in CalFresh benefits?
The maximum monthly benefit amounts depend on family size and are listed on our CalFresh Outreach webpage.
Ways to apply in Humboldt County:
There are several different options available, to make it as easy as possible to apply. Visit our CalFresh Outreach webpage for contact info on receiving personalized assistance from our staff or to apply on your own.
Food for People Program Services Map
The map below shows all of the communities in Humboldt County where we provide services:
Humboldt Community Resource Information
Our partners at Humboldt County Dept. of Health & Human Services and St. Joseph Health coordinate to update and provide a comprehensive list of many different types of resources available in Humboldt County. Click here to view/download/print the resource list. And as an additional tool, the Humboldt Network of Family Resource Centers put all of this information into an online resource search engine. Click here to use the resource list search engine.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.