Planned Giving

Your planned gift can make a lasting difference in the fight to end hunger in our community.

There are many different ways you can leave a legacy through a planned gift:

Bequests/Wills - Make a simple bequest through a will designating Food for People to receive: a specified dollar amount, specific assets, a percentage of your assets, a portion of what remains after all other bequests have been paid, as well as many other options.

Real Estate, & Tangible Personal Property - Make a gift of real estate and provide the food bank with valuable assets to help plan for the future, which makes you eligible for a tax deduction.

Retained Life Estate - Receive a large tax deduction by donating a residence while retaining the right to live there for life! 

Publicly Traded Securities/Stocks - Make a planned gift of publicly traded securities or stocks you already hold. 

Retirement Plan & IRA Beneficiary Designations - Designate Food for People as a beneficiary and make a charitable gift of your retirement plan, without having your gift taxed!

Life Insurance Beneficiary Designations - No longer need your life insurance plan? Use the funds you have already invested to ensure the stability of future food bank services. 

Charitable Trusts - Place cash or assets in a trust that provides scheduled payments to the food bank or will eventually pass on to Food for People.

Your gift can have a powerful impact in our mission to eliminate hunger in Humboldt County.

If you already have a will or living trust, you can easily amend that document to add a charity as a beneficiary. The following is suggested language for a will or an amendment to an existing will: 

“I hereby give to Food for People, Inc. the Food Bank for Humboldt County, located at 307 W. 14th St., Eureka, CA 95501 [cash amount, percentage of net estate, or description of property] to be used for its general purposes.”

To make a planned gift to Food for People we suggest conacting your attorney or financial advisor.

For more information or to let us know how you have made Food for People a part of your estate plan, contact David Reed at @email or call (707) 445-3166 extension 306.

All donations are tax-deductible in accordance with IRS regulations. Our EIN # is: 94-2772549.