Food for People

The Food Bank for Humboldt County

Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)

Looking for help?

You must complete a short CSFP application in order to utilize this senior program. View the income guidelines below for seniors age 60+ in the CSFP Senior Box program, and call us at (707) 445-3166 extension 303 to apply. CSFP Senior Box pick-up sites are currently provided in Eureka, Fortuna, Trinidad, McKinleyville and Arcata. Our Senior Brown Bag program is available in additional communities.


More About the CSFP Senior Box

The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) provides a 30-40 pound box of nutritious food monthly for income-eligible seniors each month (age 60 and older). All boxes come with the addition of bread and up to 10 lbs of fresh produce. Services are currently available for pick-up in Eureka, Arcata, McKinleyville, Trinidad and Fortuna.

CSFP Senior income guideliness
People in HouseholdMonthly Income
Each additional person add$486

*These guidelines are effective for 2020, until notification in 2021.


How to apply:

Applications for CSFP must be filled out in person with a trained staff member. Please contact our Senior & Homebound Programs Coordinator to apply by calling (707) 445-3166 extension 303, or email

In order to complete an application, applicants will need to show:

  • ID that displays date of birth

Food for People does not keep copies of this information. It only needs to be viewed.








In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)  mail: U.S. Department of AgricultureOffice of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights1400 Independence Avenue, SWWashington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)  fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)  email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.