Looking for help?
We host seasonal free farmers' markets at 4 locations monthly, for half of the year. This includes Eureka, Fortuna, Garberville and Redway. View the season schedule below and note the following details:
- Eureka is drive-thru ONLY: If you do not have a car, please visit the Choice Pantry for produce the following day.**
- Fortuna is drive-thru. There will be a separate area at the distribution for folks without cars.**
- Redway is drive-thru. There will be a separate area at the distribution for folks without cars.**
- Garberville is walk-up. If you have a vehicle and prefer, please use the Redway drive-thru instead.
- Please keep in mind that most of the produce is pre-boxed in large boxes and requires that you clear space in your trunk in advance.
- When you arrive at the drive-thru, please open your trunk, remain in your vehicle, and wear a mask.
- Please be sure your vehicle is in "Park" while staff and volunteers are loading it.
Free Produce Distribution Schedule (2020 season)
Details soon- Eureka
Fortuna Community Services
2331 Rohnerville Rd.
**Drive-thru + walk-up**
*Walk-ups enter from David Way*
437 Maple Ln.
553 Redway Dr.
**Drive-thru + walk-up**
*Cars enter from Empire Drive*
|3rd Thursday/11am-1pm||3rd Wednesday/11:30am-12:30pm||2nd Tuesday/10:30am-12pm|
|June 18||June 17||June 9||June 9|
|July 16||July 15||July 14||July 14|
|Aug 20||Aug 19||Aug 11||Aug 11|
|Sept 17||Sept 16||Sept 8||Sept 8|
|Oct 22||Oct 21||Oct 13||Oct 13|
More About Our Free Produce Distributions
Food for People sponsors four locations of free farmers’ market-style produce distributions throughout Humboldt County from May through October. This program is available thanks to partnerships with California Association of Food Banks’ Farm to Family program, California Emergency Foodlink's Donate Don't Dump program, and thanks to funding through the St. Joseph Health Care for the Poor Grant that offsets costs. Farm to Family supplies Food for People and other California food banks with fresh produce directly from the fields of the Central Valley. (View an informative video about the state-wide Farm to Family program at the bottom of this page.) Along with locally grown and freshly gleaned fruits and vegetables from Humboldt County, we are able to host a monthly, free outdoor produce market, the People’s Produce Market, at the food bank in Eureka, and sponsor sites monthly in Fortuna, Garberville and Redway, to ensure that all of our neighbors have equitable access to the nutritious, seasonal fresh produce we all need for good health.
Our Nutrition Education staff is available at each market to answer questions about nutrition or cooking with the fresh produce available and to provide free healthy recipes and taste tests of recipes using fresh fruits and vegetables. We also have information about CalFresh, and our Outreach staff can help interested households apply for the program. CalFresh is a nutrition assistance program that helps income-eligible households afford to purchase healthy food. CalFresh benefits can also be spent at local farmers’ markets on food and plants and seeds that produce food. To learn more about CalFresh, click here to visit our CalFresh Outreach page.