CalFresh Replacement Benefits

Replacement of CalFresh Benefits

Para español, por favor vea abajo

If food that you bought with CalFresh was damaged or lost in an emergency, you may be able to get extra benefits to replace it. Request the replacement up to 10 days after one of these things happened:

  • Damaged in a fire, flood, or other natural disaster
  • Power outage
  • Refrigerator or freezer stopped working
  • Went bad after utilities got shut off
  • Food bought with CalFresh was lost in another way

A county DHHS worker will figure out what percentage of your benefits can be replaced. It will depend on what happened, and when. Some people can get a full month's replacement, others might only get part of the month.

You will need to fill out the CF 303 replacement form, and submit the completed form to a Humboldt County DHHS Social Services office. Keep reading below for more info on where and how.

UPDATE on deadline to request benefit replacement due to March 2023 storms

March 2023 storms: California Dept. of Social Services is allowing households impacted by the storms that began on March 7, 2023 extra time to request replacement of CalFresh benefits. (Typically, the request is due within 10 days of the date the food was destroyed in a household misfortune.) The intention of this extension is for replacement of food purchased with CalFresh benefits that was lost as a result of power outages due to a series of severe storms impacting Humboldt and other designated counties.

Requests for replacement of CalFresh benefits must be submitted by April 6, 2023.

Replacements are authorized for the amount of the loss, not to exceed the monthly allotment and emergency allotment for the household.

Please follow the directions below on filling out the CF303 CalFresh benefits replacement form.

Where to find a CF303 form

  • Download the CF303 form.
  • Obtain a form from a Humboldt County DHHS office (more info below).
  • Fill out the form over the phone with the DHHS Call Center (more info below)
  • Fill out the form from your BenefitsCal online account (if you have set it up. Instructions below on how to set one up too.)
  • Obtain a form from Food for People (more info below)

If you are submitting a CF303 replacement form yourself, here's where to send it:

You can submit the CF 303 form in several ways: in person to a DHHS office, via phone with the DHHS Call Center, by fax to the DHHS office, or online yourself via If you need help from Food for People's CalFresh Outreach staff, we can help you fill it out and fax it on your behalf. Instructions for each of these methods below:


Submit the completed CF303 form to a Humboldt County DHHS Social Services office listed below:

  • Eureka 929 Koster St., Monday-Friday,  7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. 
  • McKinleyville 1615 Heartwood Drive, Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., closed for lunch from noon to 1 p.m. 
  • Hoopa 535 Airport Road, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m., closed for lunch from noon to 1 p.m. 
  • Fortuna 3306 Renner Drive, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., closed for lunch from noon to 1 p.m. 
  • Garberville 3156 Redwood Drive, Redway, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., closed for lunch from noon to 1 p.m. 


  • Fax the completed CF303 form to DHHS at (707) 269-3598.


  • Complete the form over the phone with the DHHS Call Center 1-877-410-8809
  • Call Center hours are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • *Please note that wait times may be longer than usual. Due to the wait time, you may want to consider another method. 


Need assistance filling out the form?

  • Contact Food for People's outreach staff at or text or call (707) 499-6477 (this is a dedicated CalFresh Outreach mobile phone).
  • Our Eureka Choice Pantry staff can also help you fill out the form. 
  • Visit one of our Mobile Produce Pantry sites near you, and we can help you fill out the form.

What if you're not currently enrolled in CalFresh?

Our CalFresh Outreach staff are here to help with the application process, the eligibility process after your application has been submitted to the County, and questions/tips on reporting and recertifying in order to continue receiving benefits. Once you are receiving CalFresh, it is important to take all the necessary steps to make sure benefits continue for as long as you need them, and our staff are experts in helping households with this process.

  • Call our CalFresh Outreach staff at (707) 499-6477 (text or call--this is a dedicated CalFresh Outreach mobile phone)

  • Email our CalFresh Outreach staff at

  • You can also call (707) 445-3166 extension 318 or 308. For Spanish language assistance, please use extension 318. (Please note that staff attend food bank activities all over the county and are not always at their desks, so the mobile phone number listed above in option #1 is best.)

  • Fill out our online CalFresh Calback Form, and our staff will call or email you back.

  • To apply on your own, visit or call Humboldt County DHHS at 1-877-410-8809.

  • You can also click here to visit our CalFresh Help page.

Solicite el reemplazo de los beneficios de CalFresh debido a las tormentas de marzo de 2023

Tormentas de marzo de 2023: El Departamento de Servicios Sociales de California está permitiendo que los hogares afectados por las tormentas que comenzaron el 7 de marzo de 2023 tengan más tiempo para solicitar el reemplazo de los beneficios de CalFresh. (Por lo general, la solicitud vence dentro de los 10 días posteriores a la fecha en que se destruyeron los alimentos en una desgracia familiar). La intención de esta extensión es reemplazar los alimentos comprados con los beneficios de CalFresh que se perdieron como resultado de cortes de energía debido a una serie de de tormentas severas que impactan a Humboldt y otros condados designados.

Las solicitudes de reemplazo de los beneficios de CalFresh deben presentarse antes del 6 de abril de 2023.

Los reemplazos están autorizados por el monto de la pérdida, sin exceder la asignación mensual. Siga las instrucciones a continuación para completar el formulario de reemplazo de beneficios de CalFresh CF303.

Reemplazo de beneficios de CalFresh

Si los alimentos que compró con CalFresh se dañaron o se perdieron en una emergencia, es posible que pueda obtener beneficios adicionales para reemplazarlos. Solicite el reemplazo hasta 10 días después de que suceda una de estas cosas:

  • Dañado en un incendio, inundación u otro desastre natural

  • Apagón

  • Heladera o freezer dejo de funcionar

  • Se echó a perder después de que se cortaron los servicios públicos

  • Los alimentos comprados con CalFresh se perdieron de otra manera

Un trabajador del DHHS del condado determinará qué porcentaje de sus beneficios se puede reemplazar. Dependerá de lo que pasó, y cuándo. Algunas personas pueden obtener el reemplazo de un mes completo, otras solo pueden obtener parte del mes.

Deberá completar el formulario de reemplazo CF 303 y enviar el formulario completo a una oficina de Servicios Sociales del DHHS del condado de Humboldt. Siga leyendo a continuación para obtener más información sobre dónde y cómo.

Dónde encontrar un formulario CF303

  • Descarga el formulario CF303.

  • Obtenga un formulario en una oficina del DHHS del condado de Humboldt (más información a continuación).

  • Complete el formulario por teléfono con el Centro de llamadas del DHHS (más información a continuación)

  • Llene el formulario desde su cuenta en línea de BenefitsCal (si lo ha configurado. También encontrará instrucciones a continuación sobre cómo configurar una).

  • Obtenga un formulario de Food for People (más información a continuación)

Si está enviando un formulario de reemplazo CF303 usted mismo, aquí es donde debe enviarlo:

Puede enviar el formulario CF 303 de varias maneras: en persona a una oficina del DHHS, por teléfono con el Centro de llamadas del DHHS, por fax a la oficina del DHHS o en línea usted mismo a través de Si necesita ayuda del personal de CalFresh Outreach de Food for People, podemos ayudarlo a completarlo y enviarlo por fax en su nombre. Instrucciones para cada uno de estos métodos a continuación:


  • Envíe el formulario CF303 completo a una de las oficinas de Servicios Sociales del DHHS del condado de Humboldt que se enumeran a continuación:
    • Eureka 929 Koster St., de lunes a viernes, de 7:30 a. m. a 5:30 p. m.
    • McKinleyville 1615 Heartwood Drive, de lunes a viernes de 8 a. m. a 5 p. m., cerrado para el almuerzo desde el mediodía hasta la 1 p. m.
    • Hoopa 535 Airport Road, de lunes a viernes, de 8:30 a. m. a 4 p. m., cerrado para el almuerzo desde el mediodía hasta la 1 p. m.
    • Fortuna 3306 Renner Drive, de lunes a viernes de 8:30 a. m. a 5 p. m., cerrado para el almuerzo desde el mediodía hasta la 1 p. m.
    • Garberville 3156 Redwood Drive, Redway, de lunes a viernes de 8:30 a. m. a 4:30 p. m., cerrado para el almuerzo desde el mediodía hasta la 1 p. m.


  • Complete el formulario por teléfono con el Centro de llamadas del DHHS 1-877-410-8809
  • El horario del Call Center es los lunes, martes, jueves y viernes de 7:30 a. m. a 5:30 p. m.
  • *Tenga en cuenta que los tiempos de espera pueden ser más largos de lo habitual. Debido al tiempo de espera, es posible que desee considerar otro método.


  • Los clientes de CalFresh que hayan configurado su cuenta en línea en pueden hacer lo siguiente:
    • Visite Para enviar un CF 303 usando BenefitsCal, siga las instrucciones a continuación:
    • Inicie sesión en su cuenta BenefitsCal
    • En la parte superior de la página, haga clic en "Ayuda" y seleccione "Formularios" en el menú desplegable Busca el formulario “CF 303” y descárgalo
    • Completa el formulario
    • Regrese a su página de inicio y cargue el documento completo

¿Necesita ayuda para completar el formulario?

  • Envíe un correo electrónico a Food for People a @email o envíe un mensaje de texto o llame al (707) 499-6477 (este es un teléfono móvil exclusivo de CalFresh Outreach).

  • Nuestro Eureka Choice Pantry también puede ayudarlo a completar el formulario.

  • Visite uno de nuestros sitios de Vehículo de Frutas y Verduras Frescas cerca de usted y podemos ayudarlo a completar el formulario.

¿Qué sucede si actualmente no está inscrito en CalFresh?

Estamos aquí para ayudar con el proceso de solicitud de CalFresh, el proceso de elegibilidad después de que su solicitud haya sido enviada al Condado y preguntas/consejos sobre cómo informar y recertificar para continuar recibiendo beneficios. Después de recibir CalFresh, es importante tomar todas las medidas necesarias para asegurarse de que los beneficios continúen durante el tiempo que los necesite, y nuestro personal es experto en ayudar a los hogares con este proceso.

  • Llame al (707) 445-3166 extensión 318 o 308. Para asistencia en español, utilice la extensión 318.

  • Envíe un correo electrónico a nuestro personal de CalFresh Outreach a

    Llámenos al (707) 499-6477 (envíe un mensaje de texto o llame; este es un teléfono móvil exclusivo de CalFresh Outreach)
  • Complete nuestro formulario CalFresh Calback en línea y nuestro personal le devolverá la llamada o le enviará un correo electrónico.

  • Para solicitar CalFresh usted mismo, visite o llame al DHHS del condado de Humboldt al 1-877-410-8809.

More about multiple replacements in one month

Regulations do not prohibit a household from requesting and receiving multiple replacements in one month. A household may experience multiple “household misfortunes” resulting in food loss in one month. That said, counties will review requests for a second, third, etc. replacement in one month on a case-by-case basis.

For example, a household that requested a replacement benefit as a result of a specific outage may have purchased new food before a second power outage, and may have experienced food loss again. This household may be eligible for a second replacement, but each request must be made individually, and is assessed on a case-by-case basis by the county.

Note that in instances of automatic replacement of benefits (such as what was granted during past PG&E PSPS events) there will not be an automatic replacement of benefits for the same zip code twice in a month even if the same zip codes are impacted by a second power outage. After a household receives an automatic replacement, any request for a second replacement in a month must be made on an individual basis, using the CF303 replacement form. 

As we receive information and guidance from state and county sources for specific outages, we will update our website with more details.

Value of the Replacement

As usual, each replacement amount should be based on the household’s food loss as a result of the household misfortune. Each replacement cannot exceed the original amount of the household’s monthly benefit allotment (unless the issuance includes restored benefits). There is no cap on the total cumulative benefit value of multiple replacements in a month.